HOME / What’s On
The Victorian Government and Golf Australia have advised the Club that we can begin to play golf from Wednesday 13th May. The bistro, bar and clubhouse will remain closed until further notice, with the exception of takeaway food on the weekend.
There are several strategies and restrictions that we require everyone to follow. These guidelines have been published as part of this communication by our Director of Golf – Michael Platt. Many of the rules can be frustrating but please follow them to protect your fellow members and our staff.
* this disease is highly contagious.
* many of us are in the higher risk age group.
* it is possible there will be further outbreaks and maybe closures.
* if you are feeling unwell or have any of the flu like symptoms of COVID-19 – Stay at Home.
Welcome back, enjoy your golf again and by adhering to these strategies and restrictions we can all to continue to play golf and not contribute to any further outbreaks.
On behalf of Committee of Management.
Phil Smith – President.
0413 045 942
- Both Competition and Social Golf is allowed however all golf must be done through an online booking via Website or Pro Shop. There will be no ‘roll-up and play’.
- if any Members are experiencing difficulty logging into the Website to make a booking, please use this link instead and it will take you directly to the correct login box.
- Yes you may play in Groups of 4 adhering to social distancing rules of 1.5m at all times
- STRICTLY no more then 10 people in the area of Pro Shop, Pro Shop Entry, Putting Green, Chipping Green and Warm Up Nets. Therefore ALL GOLFERS are encouraged to remain in their Car until no earlier then 10-15 minutes before tee off in fairness to others and to ensure this maximum number of 10 is strictly adhered to. Volunteer Staff Members will be rostered on during peak times to ensure this instruction is followed, thankyou in advance for your co-operation.
- Traffic flow pathways are clearly marked both inside and outside the Pro Shop to eliminate congestion at the front of the Pro Shop with the maximum 10 People warming up pre game.
- Contactless Entry and Exit to Proshop. We strongly recommend payment via pay wave only to ensure the safety of our Staff & Members.
- Carts are permitted however they are strictly SINGLE RIDER ONLY. You may have 2 sets of Golf Clubs on 1 Cart however the Passenger may not ride in the Cart with the Driver under any circumstances.
- All Bunker Rakes have been removed from the Course. Please lightly smooth the Bunker with your foot after use to ensure playable conditions for the next Golfer. Preferred Lies will be in play within all Bunkers
- All Ball Washers have been removed from the Golf Course until further notice
- Sand Buckets are available from the front of Pro Shop. Please take one and keep with you for the entirety of COVID-19. These are not to be replaced after the game.
- Flags are to remain in at all times. Under no circumstances are you to touch or remove the flagstick. Holes have also been filled with Pool Noodles to ensure easy retrieval of your golf ball from the top of the hole.
- Putting Green Flagsticks have been removed until further notice
- Clifton Springs is currently trailing a digital MiClub Scorecard. Not only will this provide additional safety measures during these times but allows Golf Operations to increase communication with Members both before, during and after Golf. Added features such as Statistics, Leaderboards and GPS are also available through this feature.
- You can download the MiClub scorecard app here
- There will be an increase in Stableford and Par formats to quicken pace of play and prevent congestion on Course.
- No shaking hands or dollar bets are permitted during this time of restriction
- Hand Santisers have been installed within Pro Shop and Member’s Toilets.
- Added sanitizing and cleaning measures have been implemented by Pro Shop Staff to ensure safety of all golfers
- Social Distancing signage has been placed around Pro Shop and Course and must be adhered to at all times.